Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Book Review: The Joy of the Gospel

I was so excited to get the chance to review the book The Joy of the Gospel by Pope Francis.  I find our Pope to be so in touch with his flock and in tuned with what we need in the 21st century.  Boy was I disappointed!  I was so bored.  It was such a scholarly paper and way over my head.  I am so sad.  I could not even finish the book.  I don't have much to say about.  Everything I read was over my head and hard to understand.  I know he talked a bit about how we should share the Gospel and that brings joy and I know he talked a bit about violence and the economic crisis of our time.  But that is it.  Otherwise I was so lost!  Sorry I cannot give more information.  Maybe someday I will pick it up and try again but for now its being placed on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment