Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rough Summer and the start of a new school year!

Wow its been a rough summer!  Some amazing things have happened!
1.  I spent most of the summer being sick and trying to get better hence why I have not been blogging much.  I worked with a nutritionist all summer and have learned that I am gluten intolerant.  Pintrest, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's has been my saving grace! It actually is not that bad.  I can have any meat, fish, dairy and fruit and veggies I want.  I just need anything processed to be gluten free.  Eating out and at other people's house is not that easy but at least at home I can relax with whatever I eat.  I am proud to say I went down 4 pants sizes this summer!  I am almost to the 5th but just not there yet.

 2. After much prayer and searching we finally found a midwife and a OBGYN that would support me on NFP while having PCOS. Praise God for my answered prayers.  It has been a month so far and after 2 more cycles we can try for a baby Mitro!  We are using the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility which I highly recommend.  Even if you are not interested in full NFP and choose to use condoms you can still follow the program.  It really proved itself to me of being aware of the changes in your body. I also use the website Living the Sacraments and read the blog Pretty Bones  for inspiration and support on my NFP journey.

3. We have been house hunting.  Have not found anything yet!  I figure I am aloud to be picky with such a big purchase.  This is going to be our first home so if anyone has any suggestions on how to do this and specifically how to figure out if we can afford it please pass the information on.  Its really time we move.  I have lived in this apartment for 5 years and Matt for 2.  I miss having a garage, a second bathroom and a laundry room that I don't have to share.  So in a nutshell, its time. 

4. School started August 20.  Its been great so far.  I love my students and I love where I work.  Everyday is full of something new fun and exciting.  I am applying for a few stipend positions so that we can save more towards our house. 

5. Lastly I started a new blog called FACS of Life: The Lost Art of Home Economics.  I spend a lot of time talking about home economic issues and give tips and ideas out.  Check it out sometime! 

May God Bless you as your family starts a new school year and heads into fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment