Sunday, June 3, 2012

WANTED: A simple thank you!

Please, thank you, excuse me.  These are all common uses of good manners.  Good manners and social graces are the backbone of a good reputation professionally and socially.  You only have one chance to make a good impression.  The last thing you want is to give the wrong first impression.  I will never forget on my husband and my first day he took me to Chilis and he basically stopped talking when the food came and just ate.  He also ate so fast.  I still remind him of it and tell him he was lucky that he was super cute! 

Another example of terrible manners a lack of thank you notes sent today.  I was taught to send a thank you note for every gift I recieved.  In the last few years I have been to several events where gifts were given and a thank you card was not sent. If this was a child's event it would have been a great oppertunity to role model graditude to your child!  And as for the adult events with no thank you cards all you are doing is showing a lack of graditude for the people who did something nice for you.  Thank you cards are simple and take two seconds to write.   In the age of technology people think that a quick email or text will do but I promise you a hand written thank you note will touch someone's heart much more then an email or text. Consider buying a large supply of blank thank you cards.  Then whenever you recieve a gift or someone does something kind for you send one out.  Write what the action or the gift meant to you and thank the person.  Then sign, seal and deliver.


And Thank you for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment