Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sunday should be Family Fun Day!

So for the most part of our marriage we have always attended church on Sunday, grocery shopped and then had dinner either at my in-laws or I make a pasta dinner.  Now there has always been days where we had other random plans such as last weekend we had a wedding so we did not attend church and came home spent so we relaxed and got Panera.  So I am blogging now because our plans for tomorrow are far from usual.  And I am not happy! 

Today I spent the day with my best friend helping her register for her baby shower.  Then my hubby and her hubby joined us in the evening for Chinese and a movie.  Matt had planned on staying home for the day.  He had had plans to go to a shooting range with a friend who is in from out of town.  However those plans were cancelled.  Now it has been reschedule for Sunday, at 7AM!!  I am very upset with this because I feel that Sunday should be our day.  He feels that we never declared that our day and that I spent today with my friend so he should get to be with his friend tomorrow.  I feel that I will be embarrassed to be at church alone (mind you I will be lecturing).  Do I have a right to be upset?

What does your family do for Sunday?  Is it a day for the family or a day off for everyone to do their own thing?  I am wondering if married couples don't instill this type of family time until there are children.  Thanks for the input!

No comments:

Post a Comment