Sunday, August 21, 2011

Another School Year!

So this past week was the first week of school.  I am happy to get back into a schedule.  I love being at work in my classroom.  This year however is slightly different, I am tenured!  It is sad to see one of the best summers ever come to an end, but I love my job so its also exciting to get back to school. 

On August 15 we celebrated the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  I have a book that explains traditions of different Catholic Holy Days.  Tradition is that you are to fast from fruit for about two weeks before this Holy Day.  Then you have a fruit dessert on the Holy Day.  I brought home a yummy fruit tart that we enjoyed all week.  Sadly our parish did not provide a Mass for that day so we honored Mary with a Hail Mary with our prayer before our meal. 

What are some traditons that you have in your family to honor our Blessed Mother? Share your Holy Day traditions or just your everyday ways of honoring her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment