I am really enjoying seeing all the back to school photos and activities posted among all my Facebook friends. Here are some of my favorite ideas for back to school celebrations:
1. Have a special shopping day. If possible take one kid at a time to make it a special day.
2. Take back to school photo in front of the house with signs that say what grade the child is in. Take the same photo at the end of the year.
3. Back to school BBQ. Join with other parents in the area and have a back to school BBQ. This gives the kids who will be on the same bus or walking the same route a chance to get to know one another.
4. Have a special breakfast that morning.
5. Have a special snack waiting after school and join the kids to talk about their day.
6. If this is a new school be sure to attend all the back to school events or try and visit the school multiple times to ease the fears.
7. Say a prayer before leaving the house each morning.
8. Suggest to your parish priest a blessing of students and school supplies before returning to school
9. Have a special first day of school outfit
10. Leave a note in your child's lunch box.
Have a happy and safe school year!