Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving prep

I am not hosting Thanksgiving but I didn't want to forget the holiday.  Here is a great post to help you prep if you are hosting Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving Prep.  We have our own little traditions at home that I am excited about.  I usually prep all the desserts which include my husband's favorite: pumpkin cheese cake and a caramel apple pie.  Then I usually try something new as my third dessert.  Last year it was sweet potato cupcakes from The Cupcake Diaries written by by Katherine Kallinis Berman and Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne the ladies from TLC's DC Cupcakes.   Thanksgiving morning we spend as a couple.  I usually make something sweet for breakfast like cinnamon rolls or pumpkin pancakes. Then we make some fancy coffee drinks with our espresso machine and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving parade.  Some years we have attended Mass (it is not a holy day of obligation) but our church does a beautiful Mass and gives each family a loaf of bread to take home.  This is the dress I bought for Thanksgiving.  It is from Dress Barn

I am super excited to wear it!

Friday is also going to be a busy day.  I fully do not believe in shopping on Thanksgiving.  However I have no problem heading out early Friday morning to score some deals.  I probably won't share to many of my deals because they will be Christmas presents!  I will share that I have always had great deals at Target, Best Buy, Victoria's Secret (rumor has it undies will be 20 for $20) and New York and Co.  I have done some of my online shopping already.

Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend I will be attending a young adult Advent Retreat.  It will be a great way to step back out of the commercialized holiday  and reflect on the holiday's true meanings.  I have never been on this retreat so I will share more once I attend.  I also plan on sharing our Advent traditions once I set up our candles etc.  This year we are adding a Jesse tree to our traditions.  If you do a Jesse tree please share how you do it, as it is new to me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment